For this assignment we will be using a pencil to draw the outline of one large object on our paper and fracture the background.
- Draw a 1/2-inch border around the paper.
- Draw the outline only (contour) of one object. No details. This should be a fairly large object but must not reach the border.
- Draw curved or straight lines that begin at the edges of the object and continue off the paper.
- Add two full length horizontal lines me two full length vertical lines. Use your own aesthetic (according to your personal sense of beauty and design) judgment when placing these lines.
- Draw a small, five-block gray scale in some area of this artwork.
- Shade in each fractured area with a soft pencil, being sure all five values of the pencil used in the grayscale are represented.